Missouri Unemployment Extension
Updated : June 12th, 2019
Congress passed legislation that extends the period to file for additional federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation 2008 (EUC08) benefits through the end of 2013.
This legislation does not add any additional benefits but rather extends the time for claimants to file and receive benefits under the federal programs. The EUC08 Tier 3 and Tier 4 benefits and state Extended Benefits are no longer available in Missouri.
The legislation continues the Reemployment Services and Reemployment and Eligibility Assessments required for EUC08 claimants.
It is imperative to continue to conduct work search activities and submit weekly certifications.
EUC08 Tier 2 benefits availability are dependent on the state’s three-month unemployment rate. If the three-month unemployment rate drops below 6%, Tier 2 benefits will no longer be available.
The EUC08 program ends December 28, 2013. No payments can be paid out for any weeks ending after this date, even if there is a balance on the claim.
EUC08 Eligibility Requirements
- You must be registered for employment services with the state agency within the state you reside
- You must seek work which matches your skills, abilities, and the location where you are seeking work
- You must keep a written record of your work search
- You must provide your Work Search Record upon request
- You may be scheduled to report in-person to a Career Center for a reemployment and eligibility assessment. A letter may be mailed to you explaining when to report
About to run out of regular unemployment insurance benefits?? ——> Know about Unemployment Extension