Missouri Unemployment Weekly Claims
Updated : June 20th, 2019
After you have filed a new claim, or renewed an existing claim, you will need to file a weekly certification for each week and, if required, you also must search for work.
A claim week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. You must wait until the week is over before you make the weekly certification for benefits. Beginning on the Sunday after you file your initial or renewed claim, you should file your first weekly certification. Continue to file each week until you return back to work. You must file your weekly certification within 14 days from the end of the week (Saturday) you are claiming.
Internet: Visit www.moclaim.mo.gov. Make sure you complete the form and receive a confirmation page, or you will have to start again.
Telephone: Call the number for your area RCC. Your call will be answered by the automated (IVR) system. Choose the option of filing a claim, and answer the recorded questions, using 1 for “Yes” and 9 for “No”.
Regional Claims Centers:
- Jefferson City – 573-751-9040
- Kansas City – 816-889-3101
- St. Louis – 314-340-4950
- Springfield – 417-895-6851
- Outside Local Calling Area – 800-320-2519
- Fax Number – 573-751-9730 (This is the central fax number, so make sure to mark the item to the attention of the person to whom you are sending it.)
If you answer a question wrongly, you will be given an opportunity to correct your answer. If you hang up before you hear that your claim has been accepted, you will have to call again and start over.
Whether using the Internet or telephone to file, you may only claim the weeks presented to you, which will not exceed the three prior weeks. If you have any problems or questions, call your area RCC. Once you have completed the weekly filing, you must contact your area RCC to change or correct an answer.
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- Climate Change and its Impact on Global Jobs, and the Economy: Which Sectors Will Be Hit?
- How Coronavirus Will Affect the U.S Job Market & Global Economy
- 8 Jobs You Can Get This Valentine’s Day
- How To Get Hired With No Experience
- View all articles