Montana Unemployment Application
Unemployment Insurance is a state-federal program that provides temporary cash benefits to eligible workers who are currently unemployed through no fault of their own. Each state administers a separate unemployment insurance program, but all states have to follow the guidelines established by federal law. These benefits are in place only to aid unemployed individuals to survive until they find a new job.
Information Required –
Please keep the following information ready before you move on to the application process:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your current mailing address
- Your telephone number and/or email address
- Complete name, address and phone number of all employers you have worked for since 01-01-2012
- If you wish to have your benefits deposited directly to your bank account, you will need your account number and bank routing number for the account you want your benefits deposited in.
If you are an ex-military member:
A copy of your DD214, Member 4 will need to be mailed to our office.
Note: You may file an unemployment claim after your discharge date shown on your DD214, Member 4.
If you were a Federal employee:
Your SF8 or SF50 may assist you in filing your claim.
If you obtain work through a union:
The name and local number of your union hall
If you are not a U.S. Citizen:
Alien registration card number and expiration date
How To Apply?
You can apply for unemployment insurance benefits –
Unemployment Insurance Claims Processing Center:
(406) 444-2545 Helena or (406) 247-1000 Billings
Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Wednesday hours are from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Fax: (406) 444-2699
More on Montana Unemployment –
Want to know how much you will receive as benefit amount? Calculate your benefits.
Not sure if you qualify for unemployment benefits? Why not have a look at the eligibility requirements for unemployment in the state of Montana.
Got questions? Head to our Q&A Section.