Montana Unemployment Phone Numbers

Following numbers will help you with unemployment in Montana –

Unemployment Insurance Employer Registration 1-800-550-1513

Unemployment Insurance Contributions Bureau (406) 444-3834
FAX (406) 444-0629

TDD for deaf & hard of hearing (406) 444-0532

UI Benefit Charging Questions (406) 444-0399

Claims Processing Center – Billings (406) 247-1000
Claims Processing Center – Helena (406) 444-2545
Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Wednesday hours are from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.

Biweekly claims using Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) at 444-9800.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

UI Claims Investigation (406) 444-3783
FAX (406) 444-2699

Report Unemployment Fraud by fax at (406) 444-6651; or by phone at (406) 444-1709.

More information on how to contact and apply for unemployment compensation.

      1. Kevin,

        Unfortunately, Unemployment Insurance benefits are only offered to claimants who are able and available for work. Not sure if you qualify. Please call the Unemployment Office for more.

        1. Im currently on maternity leave an my work from the glaicer peaks casino in Browning Montana doesn’t not help with any benefits so im not getting any help money wise will can i get unemployment??

        2. Tiffany,

          Unfortunately, personal reasons such as maternity are not considered. Please call the Unemployment Office for more.

  1. I am still working 30 hours per week even though i receive ssi due to my age. if my hours are cut back to 20 hours per week can i file for unemployment?

  2. Hello, my name is Alex Voytek and this is for the claims processing center. I know it’s a busy time of year but I’ve been trying to call and am unable to get through. I was hoping I could check on the status of my benefits. Please email me or call me.

    1. Hello Alex,

      Please note this is a private forum and we do not hold any association with the govt. authorities. Call them directly for update on your claim.

  3. The company I work for has sold to an out of state company and my position has been eliminated. I am to get a 3 months severance pay. Can I sign up for unemployment once I leave the company or do I wait for the 3 months that I will be receiving pay?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please answer a simple Math question: *