Updated : December 24th, 2020
State: Nebraska (NE)
Maximum Weekly Benefit Amount: $440
Maximum Weeks of benefits:26
Current Jobless rate:3.1
How to claim your benefits in Nebraska
- Apply For Benefits-Nebraska
All Information required to apply for unemployment compensation here.
- Eligibility Calculator-Nebraska
Your questions on benefits answered here.
Calculate your benefit amount using our free calculator here.
- Benefit Questions
Detailed information on eligibility requirements in your state.
Know more about how you can receive extended benefits.
More information on what you have to do each week while receiving benefits.
Available resources to enter job market.
- Job Search Requirements
Helps you locate a One-stop career center closer to you.
- Job Training
Updated list of office phone numbers to assist you contact a claims specialist.
- Office Locations
Here is what you should do while applying for weekly claims.
- Phone Numbers
- Weekly Claims
State: Nebraska (NE)
Phone Number:(402) 458-2500 to file an Unemployment Compensation Claim (Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time).
Major Towns:Bellevue, Columbus, Fremont, Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, La Vista, Lincoln, Norfolk, North Platte, Omaha, Papillion, and Scottsbluff
Current Unemploymnet Rate in Nebraska
Nebraska Unemployment QuestionsWhat Do I Need To File A Claim?
Claiming Weekly Benefits will be much easier if you take time to prepare.
- Have paper and pencil handy to write down information that you may need if instructed to contact the Claims Center.
- Be sure you have your Social Security Number and know your Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN is what was set when you filed your initial claim. If you forget your PIN or think someone knows it, call or go online to reset it.
- Be prepared to enter your bank routing number and account number if you will be selecting Direct Deposit as your method of payment rather than a Debit Card.
- If you worked during the week you are going to claim, be sure that you know the GROSS amount you earned during the week. This is how much you earned before any deductions. Gross wagesmust be reported when earned, notwhen paid. This is very importantas benefits paid will now be basedon actual gross earnings. Incorrectreporting may result in overpayment or underpayments.
How Do I Continue Claiming Weekly Benefits?
Once you are prepared to file your cliam, go to NebraskaWorkforce.com and click on Unemployment Insurance. Call 402.458.2500. If you do not have internet access, the telephone will prompt you to enter your information and assist you in completing the process. If you get disconnected or hang up before you are told your claim has been accepted and you hear “Goodbye,” you will need to call and file again. Internet filers will know the claim has been completed upon receipt of a confirmation number.
When Can I Expect My First Payment?
If there are no issues on your claim that may disqualify you, and you have filed at least two weekly claims, you can normally expect your first payment by the third Wednesday after you filed your claim.
What To Do If I Disagree With My Weekly Benefit Amount?
Once the processing of your claim is complete, you will be sent a Notice of Monetary Determination. This will show the maximum amount of benefits payable and your WBA. It will also show the wage amounts used to determine this figure. Notify the Claims Center if you think these amounts are incorrect. You may file a Notice of Appeal.
What Do I Do If I File a Late Claim?
It is important to file your weekly claim on time. You may file online or by calling 402.458.2500. If unable to complete your claim on Sunday or Monday, you must file by Friday or your claim may be denied. This will apply to the week the claim was late and all intervening weeks prior to the date you filed late. Should this occur, contact the Claims Center to re-establish your claim.
What If I Have A Change of Address?
Notify the Claims Center of any address changes via Internet or by calling during business hours.
What If I Want To Change My Payment Option?
You may do so online at NebraskaWorkforce. com or by calling 402.458.2500 and selecting Option 6.
How Long Can I Claim?
There is a maximum of 26 times your weekly benefit amount is payable within your Claim Benefit Year, which is a fifty-two week period from when you file your claim. There may be less than twenty-six weeks payable if you receive a disqualification reducing your total unemployment benefit amount.