Nebraska Unemployment Application
Unemployment Insurance is a state-federal program that provides temporary cash benefits to eligible workers who are currently unemployed through no fault of their own. Each state administers a separate unemployment insurance program, but all states have to follow the guidelines established by federal law. These benefits are in place only to aid unemployed individuals to survive until they find a new job. Click here to compare UI benefits between states.
Please note that a weeks time is required to process your documents after which your eligibility status will be declared.
You can apply for unemployment insurance benefits –
You should apply for unemployment insurance benefits immediately when your job has ended or your employer has reduced your work hours. Your unemployment insurance claim DOES NOT begin on the date your job ended or your hours were cut back. You must apply first. Claims start on the Sunday of the week you submit your unemployment insurance application.
Have the following items ready before applying:
- Social Security Number
- Name (including prior names, for example maiden or married names)
- Complete home mailing address, including ZIP code Telephone number County you live in
- Driver’s license number or ID card
- Employment authorization number and expiration date (if a non-citizen)
- DD 214 Member #4 Form (if you served in the military in the past 18 months)
- If you select direct deposit, you will need your bank routing number and account number.
Your Employer’s Information
- The company names for all your employers from the past 18 months as they appear on your paycheck stubs or W-2 forms
- Complete mailing addresses for those employers, including ZIP code and the city in which the business is physically located
- Your start and end dates with each employer you worked for in the past 18 months including month, day, year.
- Your total wages earned with each employer and how you were paid (hourly, weekly, monthly).
- Your reason for leaving each of those employers (quit, fired, lack of work, leave of absence, etc.).
File A New Unemployment Insurance Claim
Apply for benefits the same week you are unemployed or your hours are greatly reduced.
• File online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Call the Nebraska Claims Center at 402-458-2500.
Normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST. You will know the claim has been completed upon receipt of a confirmation number.
More on Nebraska Unemployment –
Calculate Benefit amount
Check your Eligibility
How can I cancel an application once submitted?
I want to print the unemployment application form. cant find anywhere to print this form
Please provide more details surrounding your question. If you’re trying to apply for UI benefits for the first time, you can do so on the internet or by phone.
How do you apply for unemployment
You can file either over the phone or online. Please use the link below to file over the internet.
Im trying to claim unemployment weeks. I have found no site that allows me to fill out an application.
Please try neworks.nebraska.gov
Adrian, what would the eligibility factors be on jobs already applied for? Thank you so much for your help.
I have been trying to register for unployment. I can not get any were. I have called still can’t do anything. Why is it so hard to get money that I have earned for all the years I have worked for 12 yrs. It’s so hard for us older ones to work on the computer for us older ones.
I can understand your situation. I suggest you start getting used to filing online for hassle-free claims. Its much easier that way. Once you get used to it, you’ll find it convenient.
There can be quite a few. Varies from state to state.
Please contact the labor dept in your state and consider filing.
Have been out of work for two weeks. Can I use the jobs I have already applied for if I decide to file for benefits
Yes,you can.The eligibility depends on various factors.
Can you help me get started
Please specify what help you need.
I strongly recommend that you read this page thoroughly again. You may find all the answers.
Never filed before don’t no really what to do left job 3 weeks do to a move have not found a new job
First of all, do not panic.
If you’re going to loose the job,please apply for UI benefits a few days before your last working day.