Nevada Unemployment Application
- If you have been separated from work, you can file your initial claim during your first week of total or partial unemployment.
- You can file your first claim in one of the two ways: by calling the TeleClaim Center or visiting a One-Stop Career Center close to you. You can also visit https://ui.nv.gov/ to file over the internet.
- Have your entire information ready before filing your claim.
- If you have received severance pay upon your separation from work, you may still be eligible for unemployment benefits, so it is still important to call to file your initial claim during your first week of total or partial unemployment.
- If eligible for unemployment benefits, you can expect to receive your first payment in 3-4 weeks if there are no issues with your claim.
- In general, it takes approximately 3 weeks to process a claim; however, you will still need to claim benefits every week.
Information needed is as follows:
- Your Social Security Number
- The year you were born
- Your home address and telephone number
- Whether you have filed an unemployment insurance claim in your state or in any other state during the past 12 months
- Your last day of employment
- The names and addresses of all of the employers you have worked for during the 15 months prior to filing your claim and the dates you worked for each of these employers. If you are reopening a claim, be ready with the same information for the past 8 weeks
- The reason that you are no longer working or that your hours have been reduced The names, dates of birth and social security numbers for any dependent children, if you are going to apply for dependency allowance
- Your alien registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen
If You Are Not a United States Citizen
You must give verification that you were legally eligible to work in your state and that you are presently eligible to begin a new job.
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits