This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

New Hampshire Unemployment Benefit Questions

What happens if I move from my current address?

If your address or telephone number changes, you must update your contact information. Your benefits may be late if you do not answer letters mailed to your address on record or do not report to an appointment. The easiest way to update your address and/or telephone number is online.

What happens when my Unemployment Insurance benefits run out?

Additional Unemployment Compensation programs may be availability. Check frequently for updates on possible federal unemployment extensions.

Additional assistance: New Hampshire has a Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program TANF can help with food stamps, financial assistance, training, and job searching. You can dial 211 to get additional information regarding available assistance.

When will I get my check?

After your initial claim is completed, it is immediately transmitted to the Benefit Adjudication Unit for processing. Your monetary eligibility is determined and a Determination of Unemployment Compensation mailed that detail your potential WBA (weekly benefit amount). This document is not a guarantee of payment. If there are questions on non-monetary eligibility conditions, you may be contacted for additional information.

Depending on the number of questions about your claim, if any, you can expect to be contacted and/or receive a Determination of Eligibility within 30 days. If you are unemployed for any reason other than lack of work, more time may be needed to process your claim. If you are found eligible, checks will be issued for any timely weeks filed at the same time the final non-monetary eligibility determinations are made. Remember to file for weekly benefits (also known as continued claims) according to the instructions provided. You will only receive payment for continued claims that are filed timely.

  1. I left a part-time position for a full time 40 hour position in July of this year. In the last 4 months I have been lucky to get 30 hours. I am now getting less than 25. Am I able to get UI compensation for the difference in hours?? My previous job was 12.00 compared to the 10.00 I am getting now. I took the difference in pay because it would be equivalent to what I was previously making with the addition on being able to get health insurance. I have been looking for employment for over a month but because of my age and disabilities have had no luck.

    • If the number of working hours were reduced, you can claim partial unemployment benefits for the lost hours. Please consider applying.

  2. I have been with a company for 16 years. They are changing location and its a 60 mile drive to get there and 60 mile drive home every day. I cant afford to put 500 plus miles on my vehicle, gas and tolls per week. If i refuse, am i able to get unemployment? Is this just cause for being laid off or can they fire me? I dont know what to do.

    • You can qualify for drastic change in working conditions.

      Please inquire with the labor authorities in your state and apply accordingly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *