New Jersey Unemployment Application
Updated : June 20th, 2019
Check that you are filing for unemployment benefits with the appropriate state. If you live in New Jersey but worked in another state, you may be ineligible for unemployment benefits in New Jersey. Call the unemployment office in the state where you were employed, to determine where you should file.
Determine if you are eligible for unemployment benefits. To qualify for unemployment:
- Become unemployed through no fault of their own
- You must be involuntarily unemployed
- Quit for a good cause (intolerable and unsafe working conditions)
- Fired for poor job performance without warning, ongoing conflict with a coworker or boss that could not be resolved
Apply for benefits. To file a claim you will need:
- Your Social Security number
- Name, address and telephone number of your four most recent employers
- Dates of your first and last days of employment
- Reason for the separation from employment
- An alien registration number, if they are not U.S. citizens, recall date or union information
File your application
If you meet the eligibility requirements, it is advised to file your unemployment claim via the Internet. The online application employs a secure connection to encrypt the data you submit.
If you do not wish to file your claim online, you may file by telephoning your Reemployment Call Center.
|Union City||(Serves Northeast New Jersey)||(201) 601-4100|
|Freehold||(Serves Northwest and|
Central New Jersey)
|Cumberland||(Serves South Jersey)||(856) 507-2340|