Updated : July 11th, 2018
State: North Dakota (ND)
Maximum Weekly Benefit Amount: $606
Maximum Weeks of benefits:26
Current Jobless rate:2.4
How to claim your benefits in North Dakota
- Apply For Benefits-North Dakota
All Information required to apply for unemployment compensation here.
- Eligibility Calculator-North Dakota
Your questions on benefits answered here.
Calculate your benefit amount using our free calculator here.
- Benefit Questions
Detailed information on eligibility requirements in your state.
Know more about how you can receive extended benefits.
More information on what you have to do each week while receiving benefits.
Available resources to enter job market.
- Job Search Requirements
Helps you locate a One-stop career center closer to you.
- Job Training
Updated list of office phone numbers to assist you contact a claims specialist.
- Office Locations
Here is what you should do while applying for weekly claims.
- Phone Numbers
- Weekly Claims
State: North Dakota (ND)
Phone Number:(701) 328-4995 to file an Unemployment Compensation Claim (Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time). Unemployment Insurance for Employers: (701) 328-2814; TTY - Relay ND : (800) 366-6888;
Major Towns:Bismarck, Dickinson, Fargo, Grand Forks, Jamestown, Mandan, Minot, and West Fargo
Current Unemploymnet Rate in North Dakota
North Dakota Unemployment QuestionsAm I eligible?
To be eligible for unemployment benefits you must:
- Have been separated from employment through no fault of your own or have had your hours reduced.
- Be able to work.
- Be available for work.
- Be actively seeking employment.
- Be found monetarily eligible - a claimant establishes monetary eligibility based on work performed during a specific one-year period called the base period.
For unemployment insurance purposes the week begins on Sunday and ends on the following Saturday at midnight.
- You should file your claim the week in which you become unemployed.
- The effective date of your claim is the Sunday of the week it is filed.
- Claims cannot be backdated to an earlier week so it is important to file as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
Information you will need to have available when you file:
- Your Social Security Number
- Name, address and telephone number of all employers for whom you worked in the last 18 months or since last registering
- Wage you are willing to accept
- Union Local name and number
- DD214 member copy 4 (proof of military service and wages)
- F8 and SF50 (proof of federal civilian service and wages)
- Your alien identification number (non-U.S. citizen authorized to work in the U.S.)
There are two ways to file your claim:
- Online using Job Service North Dakota's UI ICE internet site, or;
- By telephone using our automated telephone system by calling (701) 328-4995
In order to be eligible to receive benefit payments Job Service must find that the reason(s) you are no longer working are not disqualifying and that you meet all other eligibility requirements of the unemployment insurance program. Examples of other eligibility requirements include:
- You are able and available to accept work
- You are actively seeking work
- You have an active resume on file with Job Service
- You have completed all re-employment related activities as directed by Job Service