This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

North Dakota Unemployment Extension

President Obama signed legislation January 3, 2013 that extended the filing deadlines for Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC), the federal extension of unemployment insurance benefits. The legislation did not add more weeks of unemployment insurance benefits to the federal extensions. It only extended the deadlines for filing the federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation claims.

The new deadline to file for a federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation claim is December 28, 2013. Individuals who file an Emergency Unemployment Compensation claim prior to Dec. 28, 2013 can potentially continue to receive benefits through the week ending Dec. 28, 2013.

Claimants who were receiving Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefits and certified for the week ending Dec. 29, 2012 will be able to certify by phone or online at for the next benefit week.

Job Service will mail letters to individuals who are potentially eligible for an Emergency Unemployment Compensation claim.

If you have questions concerning the Emergency Unemployment Compensation program, contact the Job Service North Dakota Unemployment Insurance Claims Center at 701-328-4995 (TTY customers call 800-366-6888).

Total available weeks currently available in North Dakota is 40 weeks (Regular 26 weeks+ EUC 14 weeks)

Note: Currently North Dakota does not offer Extended benefits (EB).

About to run out of regular unemployment insurance benefits?? ——> Know about Unemployment Extension

    • Michelle,

      The E.U.C(Emergency Unemployment Compensation) remains expired. There is no extension available. Please inquire further with the labor authorities in your state by calling them.

  1. I was getting unemployment from N.D.but it expired .. I was hoping for an extension till I can get back to work . If you could let me know if an extension is possible , it will be very much appreciated . Thank You for your time

    • Please note there is no federal extension available.

      Kindly check further with the labor authorities in your state by calling them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *