Ohio Unemployment Weekly Claims
Updated : June 21st, 2019
In order to continue obtaining an unemployment check every week you must file a weekly claim, also known as a weekly certification or continued claim.
- The reason of filing a weekly claim is to tell the unemployment agency that you:
- Are at present looking for work.
- Have not done any work this week.
- Have not made any money this week (unless you are allowed to by the terms of your unemployment.)
- Have not found another job.
- Want to obtain an unemployment check or payment this week.
Therefore, it is very important to file your weekly claim every week to keep receiving your unemployment check.
If you delay in filing your weekly claim, you may not get your unemployment check on time.