Oklahoma Unemployment Application
Updated : June 25th, 2019
Unemployment insurance eases the economic burden of unemployment by providing a temporary source of income to individuals who are unemployed through no fault of their own. Each state administers a separate unemployment insurance program, but all states have to follow the guidelines established by federal law. These benefits are in place to aid unemployed individuals to survive until they find a new job. Unemployment insurance is funded by unemployment taxes paid by your employer.
Apply for unemployment benefits the week you became unemployed or your hours were greatly reduced. Also note that at least a weeks time is required to process your documents after which your eligibility status will be declared.
Keep the following documents ready before you contact the unemployment office to file a claim.
- Social Security number
- Name (including prior and maiden names)
- Complete Mailing address, Telephone number and e-mail address
- Alien Registration number and expiration date, if a non citizen
- Oklahoma Driver’s license number or ID card number
Last Employer Information
- Name of the company as it appears on your pay check stub
- Complete mailing address including zip code and physical location
- Company’s phone number and Supervisor’s name
- The reason for dismissal or reduced working hours
- Employment history for the past 18 months
- Each employer’s name, address and telephone number as on pay check stub or W-2 form
- Period of employment with start date and end date
- Wages earned and period of payment (hourly, weekly or monthly)
- DD form 214 if you served in the military in last 18 months.
- Form SF 8 or SF 50 if you were employed by the Federal government in the last 18 months.
Apply for unemployment benefits –
You can apply by telephone or by using the Internet.
To file over the Internet, click here.
To file by telephone –
Calling from outside the metropolitan area – 1-800-555-1554
Living within the metropolitan calling area – (405)525-1500
Timings: 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday through Friday (except for State holidays).