Oklahoma Unemployment Job Training

When you lose your job, you may be recommended for possible training or education. Your work skills and experience will be evaluated to match current job openings in your field. If training or schooling is recommended and it meets requirements outlined in Oklahoma law, it could be considered approved training. You should contact your local Oklahoma Workforce Center for information regarding Approved Training. If you are in approved training, please contact the Unemployment Service Center for further instructions.

Are you interested in receiving training from one of many private or public schools, which may lead you to a new occupation? You can search a list of training providers for the program you are interested in. Many have now been approved under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), which will assist eligible participants with payment for their training. This list is provided so you can make a more informed choice concerning availability, cost, projected wage and how successful a program’s graduates are at finding employment.

Workforce Investment Act has a host of other training programs lined up to assist unemployed Oklahomans.

  • Work Based Training, age 55 and older
  • Adults & Dislocated Workers
  • Federal Bonding
  • Foreign Labor Certification
  • National Emergency Grant (NEG)
  • SEA (Special Excepted Appointment) Project
  • Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
  • Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
  • Youth Activities
  • Youth Service Providers


Know more about Oklahoma unemployment

Calculate Benefits
Extension of unemployment benefits
Office locations and phone numbers