Oregon Unemployment Job Search Requirements
Updated : June 21st, 2019
1. If you are not expecting to return to work for your last employers:
You must be able to work, available for work and actively seeking work during each week claimed. This includes being available for and actively seeking full-time, part-time, permanent and temporary work.
2. If you are returning to work for your last employer, but not within 4 weeks, or you are unsure of when you will be returning to work:
You need to stay in contact with that employer and begin to seek other work immediately. This includes being available for and actively seeking full-time, part-time permanent and temporary work.
3. If you are temporarily laid off and have definite date to return to work within 4 weeks for your regular employer:
In these circumstances, you are considered to be actively seeking work if you stay in touch with your employer. If you find that you will not be returning to work with your employer, or if you are going to be out of work for more than 4 weeks you must begin seeking full-time, part-time, permanent and temporary work immediately.
4. If you are affiliated with a closed referral labor union (one that does not allow its members to seek work on their own), get all your work through a union hiring hall, and are a member in good standing:
You are considered to be actively seeking work by staying in touch with your union.
5. If you are affiliated with a labor union (one that allows its members to seek work on their own) and you do not have a definite date to return to work:
You are considered to be actively seeking work by staying in touch with your union and contacting employers within your trade.
Keep detailed written records of your work search. This means:
- Employer names,
- Phone numbers,
- Dates contacted,
- Names of individuals contacted, and
- Type of work sought
In addition, you must fully register for work with electronic job match system (iMatchSkills®). You are exempt from this requirement if you are union-attached or have a return to work date with your regular employer within four weeks from your last day worked.