Pennsylvania Unemployment Job Search Requirements
Updated : June 21st, 2019
In order to continue remaining eligible for UI, it is important that a claimant actively seeks out new job opportunities. As UC is intended to cover your struggle to get a new job, it’s vital that you meet the specified job search requirements while you are on UC.
Job search requirements for the state of Pennsylvania are as follows-
- Applicants must actively hunt for new jobs
- A minimum of two job contacts must be made in a week. Job contacts mean correspondence through email and resume submissions
- All claimants are expected to preserve the proof of correspondence with an employer and produce it as and when it is asked for
- A claimant must not be physically disabled. If you are differently abled, there are other programs to assist you.
All applicants are expected to prepare a work search report for every week for which they file a claim. Claimants will have to produce this work search report when asked to. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification from benefits.
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles