Rhode Island Unemployment Application
If you lost your job recently, we recommend that you consider filing for Unemployment Compensation at the earliest. To file your claim, you can either visit the UI agency’s website or you can do it via phone by calling the TeleClaim Center or you can visit a One-Stop Career Center in your locality and file your claim in person.
Before you begin filing, keep the necessary information close by. Remember to include all wages you have earned during your base period which include severance pay, vacation pay or any other additional payments you received. If you are deemed eligible for UI by the state, your first check will come to you within 3-4 weeks of filing your first claim.
The agency typically takes at least 3 weeks to process your claim. Claimants will have to continue filing claims every week to receive benefits.
Keep the following information ready before you start filing.
- Full name and contact details
- Social Security Number
- Personal Identification Number
- Reason for job separation
- Wages earned during base period. Every income you received must be included
- Alien Registration Number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Names, contact details and ID’s of your dependents (If any)
- Employment history, which includes
- List of all jobs held during base period
- Names, address and contact numbers of all employers in the base period
- Date of joining and date of relieving for all jobs held during base period
If you are not a U.S citizen, you must have the necessary papers to prove that you have the permit to work full time in U.S.