South Carolina Unemployment Application
Updated : January 4th, 2019
You must submit your first, or initial, claim in order for DEW to start the process and determine if your circumstances meet eligibility requirements.
If you are filing a first-time claim with MyBenefits, you must create an account. All you will need to start the account is a valid email address.
The other way you can file is at a local SC Works center.
Applying will go faster if you have the following important information handy:
1. Your Social Security number
2. Your work history for the past 18 months including:
- Employers’ business names
- Employers’ addresses
- Employers’ phone numbers
- Your salary for each employer
3. If you are not a U.S. citizen, your alien registration number and documentation.
4. If you served in the military in the past 18 months, DD-214 Form (Member 4 copy).
5. If you are a federal civilian employee, SF-50 or SF-8 Form.
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits