Texas Unemployment Weekly Claims
Updated : June 21st, 2019
During each week you claim benefits, you must:
Make an active search for full-time work, unless TWC (Texas Workforce Commission) lets you off from this requirement
The purpose of filing a weekly certification is to tell the unemployment agency that you:
- Are physically able to work
- Are available for full-time work
- Are Applying for and accepting suitable work
- Did not do any work this week.
- Did not make any money this week
- Did not find another job
- Still want to receive an unemployment check or payment this week
Therefore, it is very important to file your weekly claims every week to keep receiving your unemployment check.
If you holdup in filing your weekly claims, you may not get your unemployment check on time.
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles