Utah Unemployment Application
New claims for Unemployment Insurance benefits in Utah will be expedite if you file online. To file a new claim for Unemployment Insurance benefits, click here.
New claims can also be filed by telephone. To file by phone, call the numbers listed below between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. Call volumes may result in longer hold times, especially on Mondays.
- Salt Lake County: (801) 526-4400
- Utah County: (801) 375-4067
- Weber and North Davis Counties: (801) 612-0877
- Balance of state or out of state, Toll Free: 1-888-848-0688
Note: The claims center is closed on all legal holidays.
Information needed while filing a Claim for UI Benefits
- Information needed while filing a claim
- SSN – Social Security Number
- If you are not a citizen of U.S., you will need your Alien Registration Number
- State issued ID or valid Drivers License
- Personal Identification Number – Self created 4 digit PIN
- Contact addresses, names and numbers of all the employers you worked for during your base period
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits