This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

Utah Unemployment Application

New claims for Unemployment Insurance benefits in Utah will be expedite if you file online. To file a new claim for Unemployment Insurance benefits, click here.

New claims can also be filed by telephone. To file by phone, call the numbers listed below between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. Call volumes may result in longer hold times, especially on Mondays.

  • Salt Lake County: (801) 526-4400
  • Utah County: (801) 375-4067
  • Weber and North Davis Counties: (801) 612-0877
  • Balance of state or out of state, Toll Free: 1-888-848-0688

Note: The claims center is closed on all legal holidays.

Information needed while filing a Claim for UI Benefits

  • Information needed while filing a claim
  • SSN – Social Security Number
  • If you are not a citizen of U.S., you will need your Alien Registration Number
  • State issued ID or valid Drivers License
  • Personal Identification Number – Self created 4 digit PIN
  • Contact addresses, names and numbers of all the employers you worked for during your base period

Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here

Unemployed?? Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits

  1. In quarter one I was unemployed. In quarter two I resigned. in quarter three I got a new job (worked two weeks during the third quarter). In quarter four and five I have been employed. I know I qualify based on earnings. My question is am I eligible for benefits because I resigned from the previous employer during the second quarter?

    • Lauri,

      If you voluntarily resigned from your last job, you might not qualify to receive UI compensation since benefits are only extended to claimants who’ve lost the job due to involuntary reasons.

  2. I was working up at Stein Erikson’s resort in park city Utah. Was living in employee housing signed contract saying I would be out by first week in nov due to all the j 1s coming in from out the country I could not find a place next to impossible. On nov 20th they left a letter saying I was terminated for insubordination for not leavening employee housing the temperature’s outside were in the teens. I had to come home to California so I would not freeze to death. Michael Davies very confused THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    • If you were fired without any justification, you can qualify for unemployment benefits.

      Be ready to provide supporting documentation in case of a dispute.

  3. Where is the link to just file a weekly claim? This site has a lot of info but I cannot for the life of me find the link to just file my weekly claim. All kinds of info and pamphlets but not link to just file? Not user friendly, very frustrated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *