Virginia Unemployment Job Search Requirements
- You should work all available hours.
- You must not miss work to report on your claim.
- You must work all hours offered to you or else you may be held ineligible for benefits.
- You must report all earnings from your regular employer and from any other employers for which you worked during each week claimed.
- You must report any offers of employment.
If by Friday of any week you had zero earnings because no work was offered to you by your partial employer, then you are needed to:
- File a total claim online
- Or by phone (calling 1-866-832-2363)
Register for employment services on the Virginia Workforce Connection, and conduct an active search for work during that Friday and Saturday.
You must fulfill all the job search requirements every week, and provide a weekly certification to tell the unemployment office that you are meeting all of the requirements. Ensure to have your job search record up to date, as you may be called into the unemployment office for a periodic eligibility review.
Am I still able to file PUA weekly claim via gov2go or do I have to file weekly claim over the phone now since work search requirements were made mandatory again? Everything I read tells me something different and I am so lost. Please help with any accurate information you may be able to provide. Thank you!
Is there a specific format for keeping the record of job searches?
The form/format should be available online after you log in to your account.
Thanks for letting me apply
My online account is suspended. How do I unsuspend my account.
Please call 1-800-897-5630 for further assistance.