This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

District of Columbia Unemployment Application

The District offers two ways to file for unemployment compensation – via the Internet and the phone. It is strongly encouraged that customers seeking unemployment benefits do so online for quicker service.

You can call at (202) 724-7000 to file for unemployment compensation insurance by phone.

You can also file your claims at the American Job Center Northeast, American Job Center Northwest, or American Job Center Southeast.

Click here to know about American Job Centers.

Information Needed When Filing

  • SSN – Social Security Number
  • Name, address and contact number of most recent employer
  • Joining and relieving date of last employment
  • Alien registration number, if you are not a U.S citizen
  • DD214 if you are an ex-military
  • Standard Form 8 or Standard Form 50, if you are an ex- federal employee
  • Details of severance pay, if you received any

Want to know about how much you will receive?? Calculate your benefits here

Read Frequently Asked Questions for Claimants in District of Columbia

Unemployed?? Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits

  1. I am a furloughed government employee as of today, for 24 days. I live in MD, but I work in the District of Columbia. I file for unemployment in DC, yes ? I haven’t done this in about 30+ years. Thank you for your help.

  2. I was working 8 hours five days a week.After September due to the loss of our pre-k children,employees pay have been cut.working just fours a day five days a week. I live in Mount Rainier I able to get some benefit to cover rest of what I was earning? Bernice V Fletcher …. Second New St Paul DAYCARE Learning Ctr 2400 Franklin street N.E Washington, D.C. 2018.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *