District of Columbia Unemployment Application
Updated : September 23rd, 2020
The District offers two ways to file for unemployment compensation – via the Internet and the phone. It is strongly encouraged that customers seeking unemployment benefits do so online for quicker service.
You can call at (202) 724-7000 to file for unemployment compensation insurance by phone.
You can also file your claims at the American Job Center Northeast, American Job Center Northwest, or American Job Center Southeast.
Click here to know about American Job Centers.
Information Needed When Filing
- SSN – Social Security Number
- Name, address and contact number of most recent employer
- Joining and relieving date of last employment
- Alien registration number, if you are not a U.S citizen
- DD214 if you are an ex-military
- Standard Form 8 or Standard Form 50, if you are an ex- federal employee
- Details of severance pay, if you received any
Want to know about how much you will receive?? Calculate your benefits here
Read Frequently Asked Questions for Claimants in District of Columbia
Unemployed?? Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits