District of Columbia Unemployment Job Search Requirements
Updated : August 11th, 2021
Failure to conduct a thorough work search (through seeking and applying for employment) will affect your eligibility and may result in a denial of benefits.
To remain eligible to receive benefits, the law requires that:
- Claimants are expected to contact at least two employers every week
- Claimants should also prepare a work search report. The work search report should include the following
- Date on which you contacted the employer
- Name, address and contact number of the employer. Also include details about the nature of contact (telephone/ in person)
- Name, email and fax number of the employer
- Website link, if the application was submitted online
- A copy of your job application
- The claimants must produce the above work report as and when they are asked to do so
- Claimants must compulsorily be registered for work with the local DC One-Stop Career Center
- Claimants must commence work search within a week of filing the first claim.
DOES verifies work search activities. You may be asked for evidence of your work search efforts at any time.