This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

Washington Unemployment Application

If you meet the eligibility requirements, go directly to the initial unemployment-benefits application.

File By Internet

It’s easy to apply for unemployment benefits online. If you are using any kind of “pop-up stopper” software to stop websites from loading advertising pop-up windows, you will need to disable it before continuing. The application will not work properly and you will not be able to complete the application on-line.

Note: You cannot apply for extensions from here. To apply for EUC or EB, you must complete a paper application. Call the EUC/EB Unit at 1-877-558-8509.

By Phone

When you file a new claim by phone, you may be asked series of questions which you will answer using the keypad on your telephone.

After you answer the questions, you will be transferred to a claims specialist to complete your claim. The actual number of questions you are asked varies based on the type of claim you are filing and how you answer the questions.

If you are directed to mail or fax something to the claims center, make sure you do so.

To apply by phone, call the claims center at 800-318-6022 (toll-free) (TTY 800-365-8969). Claim centers are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

To file your claim you will need to have the following information with you:

  1. Your Social Security Number
  2. The names, business mailing addresses and telephone numbers of all your employers since 1/1/2011. If you worked for more than 16 employers, call the claims center at 1-800-318-6022 to apply
  3. The dates you worked for each employer (month, day and year required)
  4. The approximate gross monthly pay from each employer
  5. If you normally get your work through a union, the name and local number of your labor union
  6. If you were a federal employee in the past 18 months, your Form SF-8 and SF-50
  7. If you were discharged from active military duty within the past 18 months, a copy of your DD-214 form
  8. If not a U.S. citizen, your Alien Registration Number issued by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (INS)

Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here

Read Frequently Asked Questions for Claimants in Washington

Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits

  1. How do I talk to a actual person? Keep calling the number to find out what to do about a check that didn’t come, website says paid but did not receive on the normal day, I can’t even get someone on the phone due to the stupid automated system and bills are due in 3 days…

    • Mike,

      Please explore the official website of the Unemployment Office for additional phone numbers. You can also go through the website resources to find answers to your questions.

  2. My check online says paid for the week and this should be first actual check last week was waiting week but it’s also holiday on Tuesday when will I get in bank do you know. Thank you

    • I hope you’ve received it by now. Please call the Claims Center if you haven’t received the payment yet.

  3. I was hired into a 2 year faculty position, and loved the area so much I bought a house. Before my term ended (and I performed and was appraised excellently), I asked if there were any openings to stay on in a more permanent capacity. There weren’t. It’s been less than a month and I’ve been sending out my CV, but nothing yet. Three questions: 1) am I eligible to receive unemployment? 2) how quickly does the employer learn about my filing? and 3) if I do file, and an opening comes up in a year, will receiving unemployment hurt my chances at a more permanent position? (i.e., will they be angry that I filed, even though I knew it was a 2-year contract?)

    • Answers to your questions as below.

      1) If the position was on contract, you may not qualify. Please check with your employer if they paid the relevant taxes into the system.

      2) During the processing stage, the authorities will contact your employer.

      3) I hope the answers above fulfill the query in your third question.

      • I’m not sure what “on contract” means. I received monthly pay checks from the school, health and tuition benefits, etc. In the past, others hired in this 2-year position were offered a new, more permanent slot. No such slots are currently available though I would very likely have been offered it had it existed (budgets have been tight and enrollments haven’t increased). I worked full time for almost two years, they/I paid social security; I paid income taxes. I don’t see unemployment tax on the pay stub. Is that what you mean?

        • That is correct Susan. You can perhaps check with your employer if they remit taxes that go into unemployment fund on your behalf.

          If that is true, you can be eligible.

  4. I might have given a wrong or obsolete email address in my unemployment application. I wish to change this info. How can I make changes?

  5. I submitted my first application for unemployment after being fired from my job and am about halfway through my waiting week, but realized that when I entered my weekly earnings, it didn’t take into account monthly and yearly bonuses which were substantial enough to likely make a decent difference in the amount I would receive through unemployment.

    Is it possible to correct this?

    • For the information already entered,you may not be able to since it may have been processed.

      Please contact the claims center of the labor dept in your state immediately for further assistance.

  6. I just completed my application for Washington State Unemployment and I did not receive any conformation VIA email? Just wanted to make sure that there wasn’t something that I might of missed.

  7. I resigned from my job after nine years because I was having some issues with an injury. Also I moved to live closer to my mom. I am capable of wou now but unable to find anything in my profession which is a X-Ray Technologist. Would I be able to apply for unemployment while I look for a job. I resigned Dec. 2013.

    • If you are now willing to take up employment and are actively searching for a job, please consider applying for UI benefits in your state.

  8. I quit my job due to security issues with computer system. My computer was repeatedly violated, my budgets were altered, my Citrix account was deleted and the settings for my phone were changed from IPhone to Android within the system which made it impossible to access my E-mail. I reported these problems to my supervisor but the problems persisted. I felt that the liabilities were great enough that I should eliminate any further exposure. Can I claim benefits?

    • You seem to have quit for a peculiar reason.Hope you had a detailed discussion with you supervisor before moving out.

      Please note that you have to meet several other eligibility requirements prescribed by your state.I hope you’ve read this page in detail. I suggest that you consider applying for UI benefits.

  9. I have worked in Afghanistan the last 4 years and not in a state My w2 has washington state on it how do I go about file my unemployment thxs

  10. High Cedars Golf Club, 14604 149th St. Ct. E., Orting, Wa. 98360
    3. 4/?/2009 to 8/10/2013
    4. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    5. NKA
    6. NKA
    7. NKA
    8. I am U.S. Citizen

    • I quit my job at High Cedars Golf Club due to being physicially and mentally overwhelm. Due to lack of skills of other employee’s. (7 people were fired the week I quit)which made the work load overwhelming.

      • Call your local unemployment office and explain your situation and anything you may have done to preserve the employment relationship.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *