Washington Unemployment Application
Updated : June 21st, 2019
If you meet the eligibility requirements, go directly to the initial unemployment-benefits application.
File By Internet
It’s easy to apply for unemployment benefits online. If you are using any kind of “pop-up stopper” software to stop websites from loading advertising pop-up windows, you will need to disable it before continuing. The application will not work properly and you will not be able to complete the application on-line.
Note: You cannot apply for extensions from here. To apply for EUC or EB, you must complete a paper application. Call the EUC/EB Unit at 1-877-558-8509.
When you file a new claim by phone, you may be asked series of questions which you will answer using the keypad on your telephone.
After you answer the questions, you will be transferred to a claims specialist to complete your claim. The actual number of questions you are asked varies based on the type of claim you are filing and how you answer the questions.
If you are directed to mail or fax something to the claims center, make sure you do so.
To apply by phone, call the claims center at 800-318-6022 (toll-free) (TTY 800-365-8969). Claim centers are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To file your claim you will need to have the following information with you:
- Your Social Security Number
- The names, business mailing addresses and telephone numbers of all your employers since 1/1/2011. If you worked for more than 16 employers, call the claims center at 1-800-318-6022 to apply
- The dates you worked for each employer (month, day and year required)
- The approximate gross monthly pay from each employer
- If you normally get your work through a union, the name and local number of your labor union
- If you were a federal employee in the past 18 months, your Form SF-8 and SF-50
- If you were discharged from active military duty within the past 18 months, a copy of your DD-214 form
- If not a U.S. citizen, your Alien Registration Number issued by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (INS)
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits