All States » Washington

Washington Unemployment Phone Numbers

Sometimes you just have to talk to a live person to get answers to your questions.

Be prepared for long waits because lots of people try to do the same thing that you are. Be patient and you will get through to someone who can help you. Even though it is frustrating to wait so long, please be courteous and polite. The staffers on the other line are over-worked and are doing everything they can to help all of the people.

  1. To apply for your initial claims you can call claims center at 800-318-6022 (toll free), TTY 800-365-8969.
  2. Submit questions about unemployment benefits eligibility, the application process, receiving your check, filing a weekly claim, qualifying for special benefits or overpayment, call at 800-318-6022, TTY 800-365-8969
  3. Disagree with a benefits decision? You can appeal (in writing) by Fax: 800-301-1795
  4. To arrange repayment of benefits you’re not entitled to receive call at 866-697-4831, TTY 800-207-0882 or Fax- 360-902-9270
  5. For Job opportunities with Employment Security, Fax: 360-902-9239
  6. To report benefits cheaters: 866-266-1987, option 2, Fax: 360-407-3378 or 360-407-3379 (western Washington), 509-893-7087 (eastern Washington)

Questions & Answers

  1. FraK wOOD says:

    I have been trying for three days to reach someone about my unemployment benefits. I have sat and waited on line three different times for up to a half an hour waiting for someone to answer. (I also wanted to know how long someone would need to wait before someone answered)I have been three times to see “Work Source” and each time I spoke with someone they stood there shaking there heads and stating, “They Never Answer Their Phones”. Is there something wrong with the system we have? I cannot be the only one having problems with this. It is also my opinion that “State Workers” have to much loose time on there hands and pretty much do as they want. For instance, taking breaks when there are lines of people waiting to be heard. I have seen two workers leave for breaks and leaving one to handle the rest of the long line. What is the problem? I don’t want to hear were “short of Staff” either. Maybe State Workers need to work a little harder and not so many breaks and talking with one another when there are lines waiting to be heard. Now I hear unemployment is installing a new system so most will be attending and calls will take a little longer. What is longer, never?

  2. christine says:

    If the business owner quits paying working employees are can they claim unemployment?

    • Martin says:

      Well, if the business owner paid the relevant taxes to the government, he/she can be eligible.

      Please inquire further with the Unemployment Office in your state.

  3. mark muhlhauser says:

    I’m trying to help my son max apply for unemployment benefits. I’ve tried online 3x with no success. For some reason, the system shows an error after entering all the data on last question, once you attempt to submit. And judging from the fact that no matter where you look on line, and after reading countless other similar questions from other people dealing with the same problem in contacting an ACTUAL HUMAN BEING regarding any questions or problems one might have with filing, etc. I’ve concluded that the unemployment office process is not simple and not user friendly. I look forward to a response that directs me to a number other then
    800-318-6022 for personal assistance if that’s possible.

    • Martin says:

      Well, that is the only number listed on the website of the Unemployment Office. Please explore the option of visiting the nearest Unemployment Office for assistance or carefully watch out for the option to speak to a representative on the phone.

  4. wendy says:

    if I worked in Oregon but live in Washington state, do I file in Oregon or where I live?

  5. tina b. says:

    my son has been living and working in another state for well over a year and just recently moved back to Washington state . he had been working here and coming home from work when he was hurt and is now off work for possibly 6 mo + and having surgery in a couple days … my question is he has the work hours needed from the other state .. are hours transferable state to state? and can one draw a temp umeployment? he has a job and once is healed and gets a dr clearance he will go back to his job. but as of right now has 0 income.

    • Martin says:

      Well, UI benefits are only extended to those who’re able and available for work. If the health condition is due to work, he can consider applying for benefits under Workers Comp scheme.

      Please call the Unemployment Office in your state for further information.

  6. leticia Traya-Storms says:

    My initial claim will end in 3 weeks. Do I qualify for more unemployment benefits? There is a statement on website that you no longer have extended benefits. May I apply for another claim? What are my options after I finish claiming on my initial claim?

    Leticia Traya-Storms

    • Martin says:

      Please note there is no federal extension available.

      Also, UI benefits are not revolving in nature. You can only receive them for one full cycle. You may call the Unemployment Office for further information.

  7. dennis patterson says:

    I did something wrong and was not able to apply correctly for last weeks benefits.I do not know what number to push to get to talk to a real person at 800-318-6022. What can I do?

  8. ALE says:

    I am required to contact three places a week to inquire about jobs while I am on unemployment. My question is, What if I contact a company on week 1 about a position and then week 3 they call me for an interview… Can I claim the contact for both weeks since one week it was an inquiry and the third week it was them calling for the interview? I am confused if them calling and me going to an interview would count as a contact for later weeks since I already logged them the first week as a place I inquired?

    • Martin says:

      You can call the claims center on the phone numbers provided for precise information in this regard.

  9. Clarence J Copeland says:

    I tried to apply online for veneer benefits and missed the fax number for where to send my DD214 so I have opened my claim again and can not find the fax number, also have been unable to contact any one about getting the fax number please help.

  10. Scott says:

    How do you speak to a live person aka the claims center? The number listed is a strictly automated phone number now.

    • Martin says:

      Please let us know the phone number you called.

      More numbers can be found on the official website of the Unemployment Office in your state.

      • Scott says:

        I’ve looked, even google searched (how I found this website) and have found no other phone numbers available on the website. I went back and checked FAQ’s, contact us, and everything. 800-318-6022 is what I called.

        • Martin says:

          Well, in that case, please check the office locations in the vicinity and see if you want to visit the nearest office.

  11. Tracie Kelly says:

    I submitted my application via fax. When I signed into my online account, it appears you are asking fore more paperwork, but I’m not sure what. Please contact me by phone at (253) 232-3160 so I may streighten this out.

    Thank you.

  12. christy roberts says:

    i was denied & letter said to call if I get terminated. i was temintaed last Thursday February 27th & I have been tryingt o call and report it, but cant get through on 1-800-318-6022

  13. SteveN says:

    I have been working as a contract employee. When I fill out my application do I provide the name of the contract agency or the company who was paying for my services. One contract agency it out of state, but the compant was a local company.

  14. Sandra Reider says:

    How do I get a printout list of all payments (individually by week) received since I applied for unemployment?

  15. C Delohi says:

    As a furloughed federal employee, do we have the same job search requirements as posted here?

Post Your Question

forum link

Please answer a simple Math question: *