Washington Unemployment Phone Numbers
Updated : June 21st, 2019
Sometimes you just have to talk to a live person to get answers to your questions.
Be prepared for long waits because lots of people try to do the same thing that you are. Be patient and you will get through to someone who can help you. Even though it is frustrating to wait so long, please be courteous and polite. The staffers on the other line are over-worked and are doing everything they can to help all of the people.
- To apply for your initial claims you can call claims center at 800-318-6022 (toll free), TTY 800-365-8969.
- Submit questions about unemployment benefits eligibility, the application process, receiving your check, filing a weekly claim, qualifying for special benefits or overpayment, call at 800-318-6022, TTY 800-365-8969
- Disagree with a benefits decision? You can appeal (in writing) by Fax: 800-301-1795
- To arrange repayment of benefits you’re not entitled to receive call at 866-697-4831, TTY 800-207-0882 or Fax- 360-902-9270
- For Job opportunities with Employment Security, Fax: 360-902-9239
- To report benefits cheaters: 866-266-1987, option 2, Fax: 360-407-3378 or 360-407-3379 (western Washington), 509-893-7087 (eastern Washington)