To find out all about Coronavirus-related unemployment benefits     

West Virginia Unemployment Phone Numbers

Updated : February 14th, 2019

Sometimes you just have to talk to a live person to get answers to your questions. Call 1-800-379-1032 to file an Unemployment Compensation or you can also call the claims office that serves your area.

Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9:00 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday. Benefit payments may be delayed due to holidays observed by state government, banks and postal service.

Be prepared for long wait times because many people try calling the claim offices. Have patience and you will get through to someone who can help you. Even though it is annoying to wait so long, be polite to the person you get connected to and you will get a lot more help.

When you call the WY unemployment claim offices, make sure that you have the following information:

  1. Social security number
  2. Personal Identification Number (PIN)
  3. Dates of employment
  4. A pen or pencil, and paper – to take notes

  1. when your unemployment check was issued but your bank didnt recieve it who is best to contact. i spoke with wv unemployment they said it was sent and its the bank fault. my bank says they never recieved it and its the unemployment office fault. the unemployment office told me that they cant look and see where they sent it to. who can help me.

    1. Paula,

      Everyone is helpless now due to the sheer volume of pending applications. Please continue following up at regular intervals.

    1. Shawn,

      There will be a delay considering the number of applications that are being processed. Please continue chasing the office/check your status online at regular intervals until payments normalize.

  2. I was told from my full time employer that I was terminated or could work out my 30 days. I said I would stay at first and asked the reasons why. He informed me that due to my tardy arrivals to work being late 5 times in the last 45 days by less than 15 minutes late. I have had a FLMA claim last year for continuing debilitating migraines and due to that reason I sometimes have to call off or come into work late due to recovering from one. I see a doctor and all are documented. I have had outstanding performance evaluations every single year of my employment. Like I said i have been a full time employee for over 11 years. The employment is an at-will nonprofit cooperation for conduct disorder boys ages 12 to 19 in northern VA.
    Here are my questions:
    1. Should i just be terminated or should I work out the 30 days’ notice and claim then. I heard that the company then says it’s a resignation, what should i do?
    2. Should i get a lawyer? For wrongful termination?
    3. What’s my next step?

    1. Robert,

      Here are answers specific to each question.

      1) Don’t quit the job voluntarily. It may go against you. If possible, please ask your employer if they will contest your claim if you decide to apply.
      2) Yes, please. If you think you were wrongfully terminated, its good to get professional help.
      3) I suggest you get this situation answered by a lawyer.

  3. Live in Michigan but worked in W. Va most of 2013. Tried online and got as far as advertisement for S.S. Called and was cut off and told goodbye before process was complete. H-5173769127. Can I be contacted as how to proceed?

    1. Please call the customer service/claims center of the labor dept in your state.

      They will be the best people to assist you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please answer a simple Math question: *